211027 USA Volleyball (GEVA) Registration
First, best of luck to all of you that are preparing for the Sectional playoffs! With the high school season moving into the playoffs, that means we’re getting closer and closer to the start of the Downstate club season. At this time, we need everyone to complete their registration with USA Volleyball (GEVA).
To register, please go to the following link: https://www.geva.org/registration.
We highly recommend that you read the information on that page, watch the short membership video, and then click the blue button labeled “GEVA / USAV 2021-2022 REGISTRATION”. In order to build the official rosters for tournament use, we need to have the exact email address that is associated with the athlete in the SportsEngine registration system. After registering with GEVA / USAV, please complete the following very short form (just collects team, name, and email used during registration) so that we can add you to the club):
A couple of notes that might help during the registration process:
- First, the process can be complicated (don’t blame Downstate! We didn’t create this monster.)
- You will need a Household account in SportsEngine – this ONE account is used to register everyone in the family that is participating. The easiest way to create that, if you don’t already have one from registering earlier this year, is to click the “Sign in” button in the upper right corner of the registration page on geva.org (where we send you with the 1st link, above).
- After you have your Household account, click the blue button labeled “GEVA / USAV 2021-2022 REGISTRATION”.
- Please remember that you are registering the athletes for membership in USA Volleyball (& GEVA). If you enter the adults name during the steps where you select and pay for a membership, you will have to work with GEVA to get a refund, and then do the whole process again.
- When selecting the membership type, DO NOT select the developmental membership. That membership can not be used for competition and can not be upgraded. You will have to register, again.
If you have any questions during the registration process, please call Joel Stanford (214-616-3668) or reply to this email. We’ll do our best to help!